Wednesday, October 10, 2018

BLOOD BOUND - Sharon Stevenson


BLOOD BOUND, a catchy title. It’s a popular one too, but that’s okay. And a cover including a sword will always grab my attention. For a cranky, old fart, I’m becoming more enamored with stories driven by romance, so this story worked for me. (My current manuscript is driven likewise…okay, more with lust, but that’s another blog post.) I like a lot of vivid characterization, which Stevenson accommodated with action, not so much description, which is cool. I like to imagine what my characters look like. There were odd elements of BLOOD BOUND that reminded me of Butcher’s Dresden character/world. That is excellent. But don’t expect Butcher’s wonderful world building. Not that Stevenson didn’t create an interesting, alternate world. My fav was the powers the two main characters possess.


So the bottom line…I recommend, if you like a little light paranormal wrapping around twenty-something exploration for meaning. I didn’t so much like the heavy tags, but remember, I write tags for a living.

For the price of a gas station cup of coffee, try this out.


On Amazon US


1 comment: