Thursday, July 18, 2019

AN AMERICAN KILL - John Stonehouse


This is the second book in the Whicher series. I found it better than book one. Texans weren't all made to sound like total, illiterate hicks. The story was richer. The point of view more in the characters head (close POV). The random description seemed to take me out of the story a little, instead of place me in the setting as it should...but don't take these nits too seriously. I'm a writer after all, and critiquing is 'my business.' The typical reader will glide over them.

I encourage you to give Stonehouse a shot. Especially if you like police procedurals, and a little suspense. Or if you're a Texan. Or like the US Marshal trope. You may even come away picturing the protagonist from JUSTIFIED.



Snap it up here.


1 comment:

  1. I have a son who enjoys this sort of story. I'll have to forward it along to him.

    ReplyDelete