Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Fav Passage



Logan turned back to Norman. “And you figured your bosses, who you feared might kill you for turning state’s evidence, wouldn’t kill you for stealing from them?”
“No one likes snitches,” he said.
I snorted. Had this dork from Mayberry thought this through? I know I’m not bright, but geesh.
“Yeah,” Denny said. “But they reward thieves.”
“I figured it was my best chance.”
“You are an idiot,” Augie mumbled.
Thank you.
Norman scrunched up his face. “That’s terse.”
“But accurate,” Denny offered.
“Are you really blind?” Norman asked, his eyes checking out her sectional cane sitting on the dining table.
“Are you really stupid?” she shot back.
He turned red. I thought Augie was socially awkward. Norman made dweebs look slick.
“You really shot Roger three times?” I asked.
“It was an accident. I swear.”
No way I was going to believe Michael believed that one. I have one partner getting shot at, and another getting shot. I’ve been in the hospital twice since meeting the Muellers three months ago. I might want to re-think this partnership.
Wait. Now I'm just being redundant.



No comments:

Post a Comment