Tuesday, September 4, 2018

SCATTERED ASHES - Annie Anderson


I am happy to find an Indie author to recommend. Annie Anderson adds more sex than what I usually look for in a novel, but the characters are marvelous, the world is rich, the writing and editing is excellent, and the world she creates rocks with imagination.
 I like characters with a lot of vinegar and baggage, and Ms. Anderson has created a great MC in that mode, though I wouldn't mind a few flaws.
 The plot in Ashes is rich, as are the relationships. Being an action-bigot, I could have gone for richer and more meaningful action scenes, but hey, ya can't have everything. Don't get me wrong, there are 'great' beheadings and sword fighting. But the concentration of specific weapons tended to take me out of the scene, leaving me wanting more visceral emotion, action and reaction. But remember, the author included the word 'romance' in this novel's description, and she produces what she promises. (And ain't that cover gorgeous?)
 I almost left out the best part. It is currently free on Kindle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016R1RV34 


[I've been a little slow in getting to reviews since I split writerly things from my old blog.]


No comments:

Post a Comment