Monday, July 8, 2019

An American Outlaw - John Stonehouse


Just finished this novel. I'll voice one nit, then move along. I'm from Texas. We speak slowly. New Yorkers get impatient waiting for us to finish a sentence. But we know our nouns and verbs as well as anyone, so the over-stressed accent and backwater language drove me a little insane. 

Aw, glad I got that off my chest.

Now I can tell you that this was a great read. Great characters, well developed. I've been to Terlingua and seen the beer-drinking goat. I've spent time in that desert, so can appreciate the realism--it really is no-man land out there.

The story is intricate, without daring to become tedious. The plot rich. The juxtaposition between the relentless lawman and flawed antagonist is intriguing (and oddly sympathetic).  The conclusion wonderful.

Pick this up. You'll be glad you did


Find it here on Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment