Friday, October 12, 2018

Favorite Passage in my WIP


There was very little chatter in the bull pen. The necessary discussion was decibels lower than usual. Everyone worried about their job.
But the more the accountants uncovered leading to the single focal point, the safer the rest of them were. And the bean counters had started hitting gold yesterday.
Rumor is like scorched microwave popcorn. It is undeniable and pervasive. They all knew for sure that the guy I’d had arrested was pulling fast ones.



- The Hermit WRiter


4 comments:

  1. One has to worry when the room is quiet----I know---when my kids were little and I was very quiet they knew they were in trouble
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bull pens are rarely quiet, you know something's up when they are. It's a good passage and hints enough at the story to make people want to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the book title here. I need to get into reading more.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to read this, thanks.
    I like the book cover too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete